Looking for a job as CMA(AAMA) in the CT area? Looking for a CMA(AAMA) for your office? Then you have come to the right place! The CTSMA Job Posting site provides a place for local employers to place FREE ads for CMA(AAMA)s. It also provides a place for our members to see any available jobs in the area. If we don't have any jobs posted at any given time, click on one of the job search resources below to see what portions are available in the Connecticut area.
If you would like to post a job listing on our website, please e-mail Wendy Carros CMA(AAMA) or Noelle Joslyn, CMA(AAMA) at CTSocietyAAMA@ctsma.org For faster publication, please provide us with a full job posting (Full/Part time, clinical, administration, experience). Please provide how you would like resume submission and detailed contact information to answer questions.
JOB POSTING - 04.08.2019
Established well respected growing Dermatology practice in Norwich CT is looking for a full time Medical Assistant.
* Verifies patient information; medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
* Prepares patients for examination and/or surgery.
* Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery.
* Schedules surgeries; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, consent forms.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
Outstanding Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe & Effective Work Environment, Highly Organized, Scheduling, Professionalism, Patient Focus, Confidentiality, Excellent Bedside Manner, Teamwork, Scribing Abilities
2-3 year’s Medical Assistant experience preferred
Benefits: Medical/Dental Insurance, 401K, Vacation & Sick Time
To Apply: Please forward your resume and letter of interest to Krista Dodge, Office Manager:
JOB POSTING - 03.12.2019
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST - Well established Cromwell Urgent Care Center
Job Type: Part-time
Hours are 4-8 two to three nights a week, MOST fridays 8-8 and four weekend shifts per month and an occasional holiday.
MUST BE FLEXIBLE AND AVAILABLE FOR THESE HOURS.
We are seeking a self motivated and team oriented certified medical assistant/front desk receptionist to join our Urgent Care/Occ Med team. The successful candidate must have a flexible schedule, ability to work evenings, weekends and occasional holidays. This is a dual role which will cover medical assisting as well as front desk reception.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Room patients, take vital signs and medical histories
Inputting information into EMR
Possess knowledge of common health conditions and commonly prescribed medications
Perform EKG’s, in house lab testing, sterilize instruments, spirometries, urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, phlebotomy and physical exams
Record keeping of daily logs
Stocking and cleaning exam rooms
Front Desk reception and associated duties
Excellent time management skills and willingness to learn new skills
Positive attitude and good communication with providers, staff and patients
Flexibility to work different schedules
Energetic, courteous and observant
Medical Assistant 1 year
Receptionist 1 year but will train the right candidate
To Apply: PLEASE FAX YOUR RESUME TO 860-894-2194
JOB POSTING - 03.12.2019
Medical Assistant – Generations Family Health Center
Multiple Openings: Norwich, Willimantic, Danielson, CT
Agency Overview: Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of preventative and primary care medical services to all ages including health maintenance of chronic diseases, 24 hour on call, hospitalization coverage and patient case management, as well as complete behavioral and dental services at our Willimantic site and through ACROSS THE SMILES mobile dental program operating in the Northeast and Windham service area.
Duties & Responsibilities: Assist with coordination of patient flow, and preparation of patients for examination and procedures. Responsible for cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment and keeping inventory of medical supplies. Must keep in compliance with all agency protocols including documenting of waived testing and controls as well as medications. Medical Assistant is responsible for some administrative functions, such as filing of lab reports. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Completion of MA program and Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred (CMA/AAMA). Experience working in primary care office preferred. Maintain current CPR certification. Strong organizational, communications and attention-to-detail skills, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, dependable, demonstrated reliable/good attendance record, ability to work a flexible schedule, demonstrated ability to accurately access, input and retrieve computer data, and ability transport oneself within service district is required. Experience with EHR/EMR helpful.
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
Generations offers a competitive hourly rate and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a tax sheltered annuity (403B), group life insurance, disability insurance, paid sick time, paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
To Apply: Click Here
JOB POSTING - 02.19.2019
Experienced Orthopaedic Medical Secretary - Trumbull, CT
WE ARE:Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists (COS) and we have been serving patients in the greater New Haven area for over 50 years. Our practice has merged with several surrounding orthopaedic groups over the past several years and has become the largest privately owned orthopaedic practice in New England. We employ the best available talent, who demonstrate a strong work ethic, understand what it means to be part of a team, to be patient-focused and understand our mission to make The Experience Matters. We have an employee retention history to be proud of! We are appreciative for our dedicated staff of professionals who serve thousands of patients every month.
YOU ARE:Highly proficient in your role and responsibilities, able to manage multiple and shifting priorities to serve as a valued member of a team, highly organized and are looking to add value to an innovative growing practice. You are reliable and accountable and get along well with others.
THE OPPORTUNITY:Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists is a growing healthcare organization, with our corporate operations located in Hamden. This is a new position, to support a newly hired Orthopaedic surgeon, joint replacement specialist.
Administrative Responsibilities include:
Surgical Scheduling, including coordination with patient
Booking patient appointments, rescheduling appointments
Coordination with physician
Coordination with various surgical sites
Excellence in working with an Electronic Medical Record software program
Working heavily on the computer in the EMR (required high level skill)
Coordination on the clinical floor with front desk, Xray staff, physician
Experience in a Medical Admin role - 5+ years
Experience working in an EMR (electronic medical record)
Ability to work well on a team, take direction from multiple people, adapt to changing priorities quickly without issue
Orthopaedic experience required
A High School diploma
Completion of a Medical Administrative course, a plus, or equivalent in working experience or
Strong computer skills
Working knowledge with MicroSoft suite of products (Word, Excel, etc)
Job Type: Full-time
Apply via Indeed.com or via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB POSTING - 02.12.2019
Medical Assistant - South Windsor - ECHN Primary Care
Medical Assistants support providers in ECMP medical office settings. They are multi-skilled, assume a wide range of roles and are viewed as vital partners in provider quality patient care and increasing medical office productivity. Medical Assistants handle both administrative and clinical duties and must demonstrate acute attention to detail, accuracy, professional etiquette and superior customer service and clinical skills at all times.
This position is eligible for a $5000 Sign On Bonus!* (*See HR upon hire for payout structure)
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Certified medical assistant program and certified through AAMA or 5 years similar experience required.
* Previous experience working in a medical facility, family practice, primary care or internal medicine preferred.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced confidential medical environment.
* Must be team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
* Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, care, push and /or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination.
* Ability to maintain working relationships and interact with patients and employees on a daily basis.
* Reliable transportation and the ability to float to other offices when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. Greet patient and prepare them for physician examination per established office protocol.
2. Keep information in the patients chart current per established requirements.
3. Documents all sample medication dispensed in the medical record.
4. Provide oversight to vaccine program following State guidelines.
5. Checks and restocks rooms with necessary supplies and ensures exam rooms are prepared for the day.
6. Keep inventory of medical supplies and reports them to Office Coordinator/Practice Manager for reorder.
7. Report malfunction of medical equipment to Office Coordinator/Practice Manager
8. Properly cleans and sterilizes equipment and prepares surgical trays as indicated by the physician.
9. Assist physician/practitioner with office surgical procedures.
10. Perform EKG and Spirometry as ordered.
11. Report lab results to patients and follow through with any physician instructions to patients for follow up or change in medication, including scheduling appointment when necessary.
12. Answer requests from pharmacies for prescription refills per office protocol.
13. Prepare specimens and paperwork to submit to reference lab for testing as directed my physician or midlevel.
14. Instruct patients on how to proper collect sterile urine specimens
15. On a monthly basis check all medications (including samples) and appropriately dispose of expired medications.
16. Obtain pre-certifications for tests, procedures, treatments, medications, and hospitalizations as needed.
17. Schedule and arrange referrals and outside testing for patients as directed by physician.
18. Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner.
19. Maintain appropriate documentation of compliance with CLIA regulations.
20. Primary Care staff participates in Patient Centered Medical Home Care Team collaborations.
21. May be required to float to other offices and/or perform other duties as requested by Management.
22. Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA requirements.
Click Here to apply.
JOB POSTING - 02.11.2019
CMA - Hartford, CT - Full Time
Certified Medical Assistant Job Duties:
Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
3 years of experience
Certified to work in CT
To Apply: Please visit this link and click "Apply Now"